The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the island: will you survive, be changed, or die?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Out Of Character CBox
Latest topics
» Mirage Hearts
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

» Digimon Forum RP: Rebirth
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:44 am

» Nuke Town
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

» Natsu Dragneel Role Play
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:02 pm

» Potter's Army
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 am

» | Incandescence | post apocalyptic wolf RPG, very active
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 am

» [pb] Kohaku Region, a zombie pkmn route game
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am

» Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 am

» Godai
Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Devon Seaver

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Devon Seaver
Devon Seaver

Devon Seaver Empty
PostSubject: Devon Seaver   Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 pm

~Basic information~

Name: Devon Seaver

BirthPlace: Oxford, England

Species: Airian

Appearance:

Devon is reasonably tall for his species, standing at 6 foot high, his once brunette hair now raven black, his eyes similarly having darkened from a chocolate brown to a shade so dark it is hard to differentiate between iris and pupil. His wings are an impressive affair, though lacking the bright interesting colours of some of his kind, the raven, inky black is attractive in its own right, and catches the light like oil, sheening a glorious deep blue.

Having always been classed as good looking, even as a human with his high cheekbones and full mouth, Devon is entirely aware of his looks and dresses to accentuate them as much as possible, favouring fine materials and dark colours as much as possible, though their scarcity on the island does not allow for as much indulgence as he would like.

Physical trademarks: a long scar runs down his back from right shoulder to left hip, and a single diamond earring glitters in his left earlobe

Spoken Languages: English, Conversational French

PreIsland/Scientists roots: Willing new comer

Sexual orientation: Just plain old Sexual. Devon isn't picky, he just enjoys beauty in all its forms... and sex in even morel

Personality: Devon has two basic personalities – his outer one, which is friendly, laid back, charming and empathic (in the sense of empathising with others, not the magical sense), however his inner or true one is very different – despite seeming popular, he keeps everyone at a distance from himself and is actually very aloof. He is a skilled manipulator and has a cruel streak a mile wide when he feels like it. He enjoys toying with the emotions of others, partially because of the disconnection he feels from his own. He considers himself a monster and will tell you as much quite frankly, although few believe him at first. However before Devon became jaded and twisted he was much as his outer personality seemed. It is likely that in the right situation some of his old traits could come back into play.

~History~

Family History:

Devon has two parents still living and one younger sister, though he has been estranged from them for several years now. His only other immediate family member was his older brother Luka, whom died when he was 18

Childhood/History up to now:

Devon was born the second son of a wealthy family of high social standing back in England, however he and his older brother Luka have always been at odds with each other. Things finally came to a head six years ago when the two had a drunken fight, leading to Luka’s accidental death at Devon’s hand (a scuffle at the head of the stairs resulting in his falling down and breaking his neck). Devon has never really recovered from this, hating himself and viewing himself as a murderer despite being cleared by the police. This resulted in his leaving home and entering a spiral of destructive behaviour as he assumed the persona of typical spoilt, rich playboy, alienating himself from the rest of his family by his outrageous actions. He became reckless and thrill seeking, often doing things to deliberately shock and appal those around him. Again this landed him in more trouble – in this case with the Mexican police after being caught with the wrong people at the wrong time (or so he maintains), but having long since had enough, his parents refused to simply make this one go away. For the first time Devon was facing the real possibility of punishment for his actions… and the prospects of a Mexican jail were not to appetising. Particularly as the associates he had been lifted with had blamed him for the entire thing and as a result painted a rather large target on his metaphorical head. In short, he was in serious trouble.

‘Fortunately’ however, that is when he was approached with a free pass – a rather attractive woman approached him with an offer from the company she represented; they would see that his charges were dropped and take him to somewhere outside gang influence. In return they wanted his participation in a study they were undertaking. He wasn’t an idiot, he knew that there was far more to this than he was being told, however equally he knew he wouldn’t last a day in jail, so figuring it was the lesser of two evils Devon accepted the offer, resulting in his arrival at the island, clueless as to what he had really signed up for.

Island History:

**Mainly answered above and below but I will fill in for his time on the island up till now**

Unnsurprisingly, Devon's first reaction to waking up in his new form banished to the dangerous of the island was shock, fear and anger, however as he grew used to his alterations, he bizarrely began to enjoy them, loving the freedom of the air as well as perversely enjoying the masochism of being a prisinor on this hell hole. Long believing himself to be a monster, he now had the form and the cage to suit it.  Now one of the few islanders who does not lament the loss of their old life or long to be cured, he has thrown himself into being an Airian, quickly using his mixture of charm, natural charisma and dominance to assert order and climb up the social ranks of the winged species until he at last obtained the title of Eyrie master.

Now secure in his position he turns bored eyes outwards to the other species, though weather he is looking for allies, enemies friends or anything in between seems to change on whim, and those that are smart are wary of anything he has to offer.

The serpent is often quoted as being the dangerous sinner in the bible, the temptor, the wicked one that lured innocents into sin, but often forgotten, it was an angel who the serpent answered to...

~Role Play Sample~

**Written for the original plot of IS hence inconsistencies**

Devon looked out of the helicopter as they approached the mysterious island he had heard so little about, head resting against the cool glass as he watched it come into view. It was a pretty place, at least from up here. Picturesque even. The dark haired man let out a soft snort of ironic humour.

“Knowing my luck, it’ll be Jarassic park,” he muttered under his breath, unaware of quite how right he was.

Oh he wasn’t a complete idiot… he knew there was something beyond dodgy about this whole set up. Come live with us on a secret island and we’ll make all your charges go away? That was right up there with Silence of the Lambs and Umbrella Corporation shit… But a get out of jail free card was a get out of jail free card, right? He would play along for now, see what the real game was and then he could worry about getting himself out of this mess when the chance arose.

Never let it be said that his life was boring at any rate…

They were lowering in altitude now, flying closer to the ground as they neared the landing pad. His brown eyes caught on some movement as they passed. Horseriders, enjoying a gallop together. The corner of his mouth kicked up sardonically. He used to ride, once upon a time. He and Luka together… Grimacing, the playboy pushed that thought away quickly. Dwelling on the past always made him antsy and irritable and he had enough to worry about right now.

It was only as his eyes trained back on the riders that Devon registered anything wrong with the image… Abruptly sitting up straighter, he frowned and tried to focus again on the rapidly vanishing figures.

If they had been horse riders… where were their legs…?

Unease flicked in his gut a moment before he scoffed and shook his head. He was just getting paranoid now, no wonder really on the whole few hours sleep he had snatched over the last few days. It was a wonder he was awake at all. He probably looked liked crap…

“We’re about to land, buckle up.”

The voice of the pilot buzzed in from the cockpit, dragging his attention back to the present. Letting out a grunt that was almost certainly unheard, the dark haired man leaned back in his seat and lazily tucked an arm behind his head, watching as a large imposing building reared into view.

“Home sweet home,” he muttered, trying to ignore the way the shadows flickered in the trees behind and the apprehension that gnawed at his insides.

Just paranoia… famous last words.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Jane Mayes
Head Admin
Sydney Jane Mayes

Devon Seaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devon Seaver   Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Approved

Please don't forget to post your face claim! Good app Devon, really got his character from before. Nice one!
Back to top Go down
https://theislandrpg.rpg-board.net
Devon Seaver
Devon Seaver

Devon Seaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devon Seaver   Devon Seaver I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Already done, oh omni-present athority figure Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Devon Seaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devon Seaver   Devon Seaver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devon Seaver
Page 1 of 1